Monday, November 13, 2006

Explosions In The Sky - Those Who Tell The Truth Shall Die, Those Who Tell The Truth Shall Live Forever

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

01 - Greet Death
02 - Yasmin The Light
03 - The Moon Is Down
04 - Have You Passed Through This Night?
05 - A Poor Man's Memory
06 - With Tired Eyes, Tired Minds, Tired Souls, We Slept


For all those of you who don't know, I am an enormous fan of post-rock. The music I listen to on a daily basis is almost entirely comprised of post-rock. But if I talked to you about the genre, you would never be able to tell that I was introduced to the genre no more than a year ago. I had always wanted to hear something big, something that was more than just music. And the day I stumbled upon Those Who Tell The Truth... was the the day I found that something big. Those Who Tell The Truth... paints a beautiful landscape of sounds before your ears where each song flows seemlessly into the next leaving you wondering where one begin and the other ended. The music is some of the most breathtaking and cinematic music you will ever hear and upon finishing listening to the album you will feel like a different person and your ears will never be the same. With all this said Those Who Tell The Truth... is not even Explosions in the Sky's best album. That spot is reserved for my favorite post-rock album of all time, EITS's The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place. Though Those Who Tell The Truth may not be EITS's best album, it doesn't stop it from being in the 99th percentile of post-rock albums and one hell of an introduction to the genre. Trust me, I know from experience.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I've listened to this album recently. It's everything you say it is and more. I mean, it just sounds beautiful to me. I remember thinking "Moffy likes this band (Oh, why the hell did you choose "moffy"?), I should check it out. And I did. And now I love it.

i was moffy said...

moffy comes from an inside joke about the groin-grabbingly amazing band I Would Set Myself On Fire For You, i.e. IWSMOFFY which pretty much looks like, you guessed it, I Was Moffy, hence the birth of moffy.

and w3rd on the album.